June 21, 2010 Music used to be…
June 16, 2010 Words can not describe the love…
June 15, 2010 Ummm..
@GspotLA gets credit for getting this gem to me…
June 9, 2010 Is going green gonna get me some GREEN???
Ok, with the overwhelming tragedy gushing into our blue ocean lets do something to keep this earth green. I (for instance) just went through ALL my bills and requested paperless billing. Also, I make sure to shut off the lights when I am not in a room. In March I went from a gas guzzling SUV to a hybrid (saves me a minimum of $80.00 a month) :). Here are some more ideas to reduce our carbon footprints:
1. Do not drive 1 day a week. Bike, walk, carpool on that day. Sunday is a good easy day to implement this. Get into it with your friends. You can also save $$ in gas this day.. An average of $25.00 a month!!!
2. Buy local produce. This keeps the economy good in your area. Also if you are not vegetarian pledge to eat 1 veggie meal a week. Not just for animal reasons, but for the impact of the meat industry on the environment.
3. If you drink bottled water consider getting a refillable container. I get arrowhead home delivery (5 gallons for 7 dollars, lasts me 1 month!!!!) and I have a glass wine bottle with a stopper you can get at the liquor store. I refill this over and over, Bring it to the gym and keep one in my car. Good for the earth AND I save AT LEAST $60.00 a month!
4. Paperless billing. This saves the trees AND postage!! Pay your bills online and save up to $5.00 a month. Many banks offer bill pay for free.
5.Use reusable bags at the market. If you forget yours at home, re-use the paper or plastic bags for garbage bags. Never throw out empty bags. Full in… full out.
6. Do not throw out old clothes/ furniture. You can have a yard sale or take them to a resell shop such as crossroads (I just cleaned my closet and made $70.00) and drop off what you can’t sell at a goodwill or homeless shelter.
7. Wash your clothes in COLD water and hang dry or dry flat. This saves energy and saves you up to $25.00 a month. Also saves wear and tear on your clothes.
8 .Get “green” cleaning products.. I adore Myers. To save $$ and the environment here are some tips:
For an effective glass cleaner, use a mixture of half white vinegar and half water.
Baking soda and cornstarch are both good carpet deodorizers.
To clean up mildew and mold, use a mixture of lemon juice or white vinegar and salt.
A paste of baking soda, salt, and hot water makes a great oven cleaner. Should save about $10.00 a month
9. Little things like turning the water off while you brush your teeth, taking shorter showers, Filling the sink when doing dishes (instead of running the water) could save you $10.00
10. Use cloth instead of paper towels to clean. This will save $5.00 a month!!
So going green is really all about the other green ($$$) I saved $280 THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!
What do you do to be green and save green?
May 31, 2010 ELVIS LIVES
I have been an Elvis Costello fan since I 1st discovered my name in a song. I was obsessed. And I was right to be. Even though I was in the single digits I was already cultivating my punk rock sensibility. It was in my blood. My Dad a musician and my mom 1/2 British what else was there? So I begged for anyone around to play it for me… on a stereo or on a guitar the recorder or harmonica. Fuck- if you could whistle… make it Alison. One day while digging around in my fathers front hall closet I found the GOLD. Apparently Elvis Costello had come through town because I found a HUGE box of “Elvis lives” buttons and Elvis lives tee shirts in white with black font and in black with white font. My new uniform. My cousins and I would parade around head to toe in Elvis Lives buttons. You could hear us coming a full 5 minutes before we would arrive. Clickity clacking and bleeding from design flaw (the sharp point of the pin came down past the edge) We did’t care.. ELVIS LIVES.
In my early teens I became an even bigger fan, serenading friends with this track when I would invite them over. Yes I was a weirdo, Everyone else was listening to the radio top 40 and I was listening to “Radio Radio” (I remember I skipped school and went to the local record store and bought 10 albums… Kiss Rock and Roll Over, Lou Reed (best of (a double album)) The Velvet Underground VU, Elvis Costello My Aim is True, T-Rex Electric Warrior, Jimmy Hendrix Are You Experienced, David Bowie Hunky Dory , Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, MC5 Kick out the Jams.) I was in love with a different decade.
I listened to those 10 albums like my life depended on it.. and it did. The only cure for puberty is music you can relate to.
I posted it before with my ode to Bowie.. You’ve got Green Day and GAGA I’ve got Elivs Costello and Bowie
But this is about Elvis. And ELVIS LIVES!!!!
May 31, 2010 Found it!!!!
A while back I was sitting in the airport, killing time before my flight, and wanted to post this but couldn’t find it.
Well I FOUND IT
May 27, 2010 Get to know… MR YUK
sick sick sick!!
May 22, 2010 Epic Faithfull
I started reading Marianne Faithfull’s Book “Faithfull” last year and though it was riveting but somehow I dropped it like a hot rock. Well… the rock is burning a hole in my clammy grip now. I have picked it back up and along with it has come a mini obsessive good old fashion internet stalking. I fukin love her, if you don’t.. alow me to show you her… through my eyes…
May 16, 2010 How do I get these hearts in my life?
May 15, 2010 Top 10 things no one can change about me
9. I wear wigs, weaves, falls, extensions. I take off hair at home.. get into it.
8. I love makeup I love to pile it on my eyes and lips. I love false eyelashes. Don’t tell me I look better without it.
7. I love to dance. If there is music on I just might start dancing. If this embarrasses you or makes you uncomfortable… bye.
6. I listen to music all the time. Not always loud, but pretty much always. You don’t like my music… it aint gonna work.
5. I love my dog. Maybe more than you at first. But Angus is for sure more loyal than any guy I have ever met.
4. I love to nap. Call it boring and lazy… don’t call me.
3. I am Vegan. I like being Vegan. I will NOT apologize for it and I will not tolerate snide remarks and flaccid jokes about it.
2. I am a workaholic. I put it 1st and I am constantly working. Do not get in my way. Embrace it or git.
1. I love to love, nurture and respect people. I love to be loyal, I love to help, listen praise adore. Because of this…if you hate yourself.. eventually you will hate me too.